Who We Are
Pastor Dave Gomez (Christian, Husband, Daddy, Pastor, Coach, Mentor and Friend) has a passion for teaching and preaching God’s word and seeing it applied in practical ways that are doable. He is a graduate of Pacific Bible College and Ministry Director for Southern Oregon Impact Athletics. Currently Pastor Dave is in the Theology & Management Program at Oak Hills Christian College to continue to be a life long learner and continue to go from Good to Great. He has traveled to 38 countries ministering the Gospel. And recently has went on a study and tour trip to Israel with a group of Pastors from Southern Oregon. His life verse is “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,” (Colossians 3:23 ESV) Pastor Dave has been a Football and Wrestling coach and official for many years in Southern Oregon and is an avid Oregon Ducks fan and Chicago Bears Fan. He teaches from the ESV translation of the Bible.
“Jesus is central to everything we do. We sing, pray, and preach in His powerful name. Our past, present, and future are centered on Jesus Christ. Our purpose on this earth is to make much of Jesus Christ.”
Staff & Leadership
“…exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock.” // 1 Peter 5:1-4
- The Bible is the highest doctrinal authority for Gold Valley Fellowship.
- The following biblical beliefs serve as our confession of faith. believe the Bible to be the only inspired, inerrant, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God who eternally exists in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the second person of the Holy Trinity, was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death for the sins of the world, rose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, and is coming again to judge the living and the dead and to establish God’s kingdom of righteousness and peace on the earth.
- We believe in the depravity of man. Man in his essential being is sinful and incapable of meriting God’s favor.
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone in the Person and finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
- We believe in the sovereignty of God and the “free” will of man.
- We believe in the perpetuity of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and that the gifts of the Spirit are for the church today.
- We believe that the Church exists to worship God, edify itself in love, and to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
- We believe in the sufficiency of the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to supply us with all things that pertain to life and godliness.
- We believe in the return of Jesus Christ who will establish His physical Kingdom on earth.
- We believe that the local church is a community of regenerated believers who confess Jesus Christ as Lord, and that the universal church is comprised of all God’s people in all times and places. In obedience to Scripture, Christians organize under qualified leadership, gather regularly for preaching and worship, observe the sacraments of baptism and Communion, are unified by the Spirit in love, are corrected for holiness, and scatter to fulfill the great commandment and the great commission as missionaries to the world. Because we are members of God’s universal church, we partner with other Christian local churches and ministries for Kingdom ministry and are devoted to building up our local church family.
- We believe that in love God created the first human beings, Adam and Eve, as male and female, equal in dignity, value, and worth, in order to mirror and reflect God as an act of worship and obedience. We believe that human beings, as God’s sole image bearers, are under God and over lower creation, not to be pulled up like gods or pushed down like animals. We believe that human life begins at conception and that an unborn baby is an image-bearer of God. We believe that God created marriage solely for one man and one woman, and created sex only for married couples. Because God created human life and marriage, we value the sanctity of life and godly marriage.
Click to see our entire statement of faith
Q. HOW DO I BECOME A CHRISTIAN?
A. BELIEVE THE GOSPEL MESSAGE.
MAN WAS CREATED TO GLORIFY GOD & ENJOY HIM FOREVER
“Worthy are you, our Lord and our God to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things.” (Rev 4:11) “Do all to the glory of God” (1 Cor 10:31)
MAN HAS FAILED TO GLORIFY GOD & IS UNDER HIS JUST CONDEMNATION
“For all have sinned…” (Rom 3:23) The wages of sin is death (Rom 6:23) “These will pay the penalty of eternal destruction” (2 Thes 1:9)
JESUS FULLY BORE THE WRATH AND SUFFERED THE PUNISHMENT SINNERS DESERVE
Not wishing that sinners perish forever, God determined to save a people for Himself in the Eternal Son who became a man and lived the life we should have lived and died the death we justly deserve. God loves sinners and sent His Son to be the wrath absorbing sacrifice for their sin (1 John 4:10; John 6:37) he “…gave His life as a ransom for many” (Mk 10:45) & “rose again” from the dead (2 Cor 5:15) on their behalf.
ALL WHO, BY THE GRACE OF GOD, TURN TO JESUS IN SUBMISSIVE FAITH ARE FORGIVEN
If you confess you are a sinner in need of Christ then God has begun to work in you a life-changing, eternally satisfying relationship with Himself! “Repent and believe the gospel (Mk 1:5) “In Your presence is fullness of Joy (Ps 16:11). So leave your self-righteousness, and your sins. Fly unto the Lord Jesus Christ, and receive his righteousness to be your covering, and his blood to be your atonement. If your trust is in Jesus alone for your salvation (that is, if you have no hope save for Christ’s mercy alone) then you can be assured that your sins are forgiven and He has granted you eternal life.